IPO Pang China Business Distress Management: Areas of Expertise
A central part of IPO Pang’s mission is to help foreign clients turn around Chinese ventures that are in distress. In order to do this, IPO Pang applies a variety of skills that are fundamental to both the analysis and the resolution of the root causes of distress.
Although these skills are typically applied as a comprehensive package in a distress situation, clients can also access these skills selectively as part of a business development or internal oversight process.
Our services fall into four broad categories:
- Financial audits
- Recommendation / implementation of the newest legal accounting practices to maximize value
- Forensic auditing to reveal skimming, theft, fraud, etc.
- Contracted accounting and HR
General Management and Marketing
- Market research, particularly regarding competition and localization
- Review of distribution channels
- Identify causes of discord:
~ within the China venture
~ between the China venture and its local partners
~ between the foreign client and its Chinese partners
- As required, place temporary management to implement change
Legal and Regulatory
- Contractual law and negotiation
- Arbitration and litigation
- Protection of IP / prosecution of IP theft
- Labor and environmental law / governmental negotiation
- Change of corporate structure
- Assist in sourcing capital
- Assist in finding buyers / investors when a client wants to reduce or eliminate its position in a Chinese venture
We welcome you to contact IPO Pang to discuss your situation, our services, and your options.